Wanted: Spec. Writer/Resource
JJCA | Nashville, TN
The Specification Writer/Resource will be responsible for creating the project specifications from the project narratives and maintaining the master specifications. A secondary role will be to participate and support project team effort in drawing development. Can be structured as part or full-time position.
- Develop, research and update standards for all aspects of master specifications suitability for inclusion in our standards.
- Monitoring and consistency of drawings and specifications.
- Contribute to the professional growth of the firm through specification writing aspect.
- Lead firm in evolving products and maintenance of contracts with product vendors.
- Facilitating the firm’s ongoing dialogue about design and technical quality.
- Coordinating specification efforts of project consultants.
Qualifications (in order of priority):
- Strong knowledge of constructibility and products
- Strong experience in project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work within project defined schedule and budget
- Strong design sensibilities
- Demonstrated ability to nurture and develop others
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD preferred
- Certified Construction Specifier preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Alignment with the firm’s values
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Gains gratification through nurturing and guiding others to succeed rather than needing to control
- Able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Capability as a manager and as a doer
- Calm demeanor, even during times of organizational and personal stress
For interest, contact Stephanie Pielich at email@example.com.