Wanted: Licensed or Unlicensed Architect/Sr. Designer with 3-8 Years Experience
Smith Gee Studio | Nashville, TN
Smith Gee Studio is seeking a passionate Senior Designer to join our top-notch team of smart, creative and fun people. The candidate would assist us with the design and drawing process for both public and private sector projects including mixed-use, retail, office, multi-family, hospitality, and urban redevelopment projects across the country and throughout Nashville’s region. The ideal candidate will be a team-player with strong design, drawing, and rendering skills.
Smith Gee Studio’s collaborative culture is a big reason for our success and the candidate would be expected to have the ability to work within a team environment. The ideal candidate will share our commitment to high quality place-making/urban design, community engagement, sustainable design, and be skilled at quickly adapting to the shifting needs of our clients.
– Ability to lead the design and drawing process for large and small scale projects
– Prepare designs and deliverables within project budgets and goals
– Ability to coordinate with all Team Members – sub-consultants, vendors, stakeholders
– Build and maintain relationships with clients, stakeholders, consultants, vendors, and staff
– Participate fully in the design process from SD to CD’s
– Adhere to national, Metro Nashville’s and other local codes and standards
– Other duties, projects, and tasks as assigned
– Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture; advanced degree is a plus
– 3-8 years working experience
– Ability to communicate design ideas
– Proficient design and rendering skills (hand drawing, Adobe CS, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Revit)
– Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Calendar)
– Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and analytical skills
– Strong organizational skills
– Understanding of urban infrastructure and economic development issues
– Licensed architect preferred, but not required
About Smith Gee Studio:
Collaboration, Community, Exceptional Design. These are the first ingredients that make Smith Gee Studio a unique workplace. You’ll find them in everything we do – from our projects, to our office culture, to our passion for making improvements in our communities. Our work environment is a key to our success. It’s a collaborative, creative, trusting and fun atmosphere, where people are given plenty of opportunities to grow their skills and take on greater responsibility. We are always interested in meeting motivated, detail-oriented people who share our passion for creating great places to live, work and play. We offer competitive salaries and a full range of benefits including a dog-friendly, casual workplace and karaoke parties.
Please submit all questions and applications to email@example.com