AIA Middle TN Emerging Professionals
Through knowledge, resources and community, the AIA Emerging Professionals of Middle Tennessee encourages professional growth, leadership development and serve as the collective voice for young architects.
- Professional development
- Social networking
- ARE and IDP panels
- Design workshops
- Building tours
Follow the AIA Emerging Professionals Google Group at emergingprofessionalsmidtn@
EP Competitions & Opportunities Available through AIA
1. AIA MidTN AAH Scholarship to Vanderbilt Healthcare Design & Construction Symposium (due July 20th) – This year the local AIA Middle TN AAH group is awarding one emerging profession with a scholarship to attend the Vanderbilt Healthcare Design & Construction Symposium. This is a sold out and coveted event which takes place August 8-9th at Vanderbilt School of Engineering. For more information on the symposium, click here.
To Apply: Submit a hand-drawn napkin sketch that depicts the following – What is an improvement you would like to see in healthcare design?
– Napkins are limited to 6″x6″
– Send your submission as a PDF or JPEG to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Due by EOB on July 20th
EP Building Tour & Firm Mixer – Hill Center Brentwood & TMPartners Office – July 13, 2018
Join AIA Middle TN for a building tour of Hill Center Brentwood and the TMPartners office, followed by a mixer at TMPartners (TMP)!
TMP, with Associate Architect Cooper Carry, developed the Hill Center Brentwood expansion at the prominent corner of Maryland Way and Franklin Road in Brentwood, Tennessee. The development is intended to unify the existing Hill Center Brentwood to the south with approximately 600,000 SF of new mixed-use office and retail space, while creating an iconic corner as a gateway to Maryland Farms. The development will be constructed in multiple phases, with Phase 1.1 completed in fall 2016, Phase 1.2 completed in summer 2017, and Phase 2 currently in development.
Key aspects of the design include:
– A new main boulevard through the site connecting East Park Drive and Chadwick Drive.
– Connection to the existing Maryland Way Park to the west.
– Creation of Place with a central courtyard in the retail areas along Franklin Road.
– Shared parking between two parking garages and below-building parking areas designed to fit within the character of the center while minimizing surface parking.
– Improved storm water runoff control and designed green space & open space.
– New entrance connection from the existing Hill Center Brentwood to the new CityPark development across Franklin Road
Hard Hat Building Tours – Call for Projects!
The AIAMidTN Emerging Professionals host hard hat tours and Draughting Club socials. For the most up to date information on the tours, follow the AIA Emerging Professionals Google Group at emergingprofessionalsmidtn@
Do you have a Hard Hat Building Tour worthy project? Please contact us at email@example.com to get the process started and share your great work. We’ve seen upwards of 60 people at our largest tours!
Call for EP Firm Liaisons
We are looking for EP Firm Liaisons to help better connect our emerging professionals to AIA Middle TN. Are you interested in becoming a firm liaison or learning more? CLICK HERE to complete the form!